Saturday, July 26, 2008

Ohm ...

I hadn't done yoga in about a year, and I'd been missing it so ... I did something about it.

A while back, I went to Half Price Books and purchased a Yoga VHS for under $2.00. Excited, I began waking early to start my day with my new "AM Yoga" VHS. But there were problems ...

First and foremost, the routine goes much too quickly. According to the host, Rodney Ye, it's supposed to be a "gentle way to move me into my active day".

That's funny.

Each pose ends abruptly and the next begins with very little adieu. It's all so ... hasty! There's nothing gentle about it. It's rather comical, really.

The second thing that I have great issue with is the fact that Rodney is either hung like an ox, or has a raging hard-on ... under his very tight, very small Speedo.

*shudder*

SO. I have come to a decision:

This afternoon, I'm going to watch my VHS one final time and write down the poses. This way, I can turn on a gentle CD, read my notes, and do the damn thing at my own pace.

I really think I'll be happier without the VHS. Yoga to me is gentle. Sorry, Rodney. You won't be missed.

No comments: