Friday, February 19, 2010

Various and sundry updates

Hello, my name is Kathryn and I am addicted to juicing without a juicer.

It has been, oh, 7 hours since my last juice fix and I'm already craving MOAR! Today I made Apple / Pear juice and LOVED it. It was crisp and refreshing - perfect for a morning pick-me-up.

I'm finding that as I cut back on my coffee intake, I crash less during the course of the day. Juices and teas are turning out to be a great way to help the waking-up process.

Visiting coffee houses during the week is a social ritual for me, so instead of cutting out the visits, I'm changing what I imbibe while there. I'm trying to remove milk from my diet completely, so I'm doing a lot of creative substitutions and really enjoying the challenge ... and the change. My body feels less "icky" after eating a bowl of cereal with Almond Mylk than how it feels after consuming cow's milk.

I bought a book - How to Become Vegetarian for Dummies - and am really enjoying it so far. I bought it because I (rightly) assumed that it'd have great information on the mechanics of nutrition, all in one place.

I also cooked a vegetarian stir-fry, and will post pictures of it soon!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: