Friday, February 12, 2010

I love my Wife

I came home a little late this evening. If it hasn't been in the news elsewhere, Dallas / North Texas was hit by a snowstorm the likes of which have not been seen in some time. This translates into slower driving times, because as anyone in the South knows, Texas drivers are made more stupid by the presence of inclement weather of any kind, not even counting the level of cold-i-tude and general icy-ness that has blanketed the place for the past several days.

My darling Wife has been so supportive throughout this entire endeavour, and I so appreciate her. But tonight she did something super-special:

As soon as my key was in the door, my beautiful Wife was in the kitchen, busily making me only the most delicious salad EVAR. It had ...
  • lettuce
  • one whole tomato
  • half a large-ish cucumber
  • a pinch or two of canned roasted red pepper strips
  • and a smattering chopped yellow onion
I was tired, and the last thing I wanted to do was to make dinner for everyone tonight like I normally do. It took all of 5 minutes to toss together such a lovely salad, but it made me feel like a queen. My love, I thank the Goddess every day that she made sure you're in my life. As Valentine's day draws near, know that you're in my heart, now and always.

Thank you for tonight.

XOXO
Kathryn

No comments: