Wednesday, December 27, 2006

parable of the loaves and the ...

chickens??

Someone came in looking for Don #1 (there are a handful of them working here). Well, he's not here, so I tried several other people, who were also not around (damn people taking their vacations this week *grumble grumble*). Finally I tried Don #2, and he was at his desk.

Between me calling these several guys, the man standing in the lobby said something about, "I have these frozen chickens for Don #1".

So while on the phone with Don #2, I said, "Hey, Don, it's Kathryn. So-and-so is here from X C0MPANY and he has some frozen chickens for Don #1, who isn't here..." -insert Don #2's suprized explitive here- "... and I was wondering if you'd like to come up here and take them?"

Don2, still confused, agreed to take the situation in hand ... or wing(?).

Don warmly greeted the gent, asked him to describe the situation fully, and then the visitor went out to his truck to get the cooler of frozen cluckers.

Don turned to me, threw his hands up in the air and laughed out loud. Then he told me with a smile that when I called, "I didn't know what the hell you were talking about! Frozen chickens... I don't know what I'm going to do with them!"

I reminded him that one of Don #1's close co-workers was in the office (though he hadn't answered when I first called him before I called D2). "Make it Eric's problem", I offered generously.

When the visitor returned, with birds in tow, Don2 was the picture of hospitality. He helped the guy carry the frozen goods to a freezer and then saw him out the door again with a smile, and then went back to his desk (shaking his head).

{ }

How weird is that!? OMFGZ, strange ... How's that for your non-sequiter for the day?

No comments: