Thursday, December 14, 2006

a few mundane updates, and thoughts on Christmas

I learned how to play the Office Politics Game, and a co-worker who was once rather distant is now at least tolerating my presence in the company. Which is a huge step for both of us.

{ }

The car window + electric part thingy + labour > $150, which is tres awesome.

{ }

My youngest brother is a bit depressed that he won't be getting many presents this Chrsitmas. He's written a rather small list, so he fears that either he won't get much else besides what is written, or (weep, moan) he'll get a new Wii (or similar "big" item) and not much else.

It's hard being 16.

I tried telling him (lovingly) that when I was his age, Dad had already been unemployed for two years, and I learned to be happy with presents that were either not numerous or that I picked out myself.

But then I remembered that, yeah, it really sucked, and I told him so. But I said that, even though the morning was a disappointment, soon the rest of the family came over (my older sis, her hubby and kids, and my older bro and his wife and kids) and we were making funnel cakes and laughing. So even though all of us were poor as church mice, and even though we sometimes didn't like each other, what was important was that we l0ve each other, we have each others' backs, and we were sharing that.

Which ended up being (and still is) the best gift of all.

No comments: