Thursday, December 14, 2006

I (finally) named my car ...

Monday was interesting.

Ever since my (minor) accident in November, my rear driver's-side passenger-y window has been making a *CLUNK* sound when I roll it up.

Right after sitting down at my post (I man the receptionist's desk) after lunch on Monday, the Mail Man came in with the mail and a concerned expression on his face.

"Did you know there's a small grey Hyundai out there with a smashed window?", said he.


Guess what I drive.


Yeah. My car. Since most of the glass was outside the vehicle (and nothing was worth stealing stolen from the car), I think the window was just weak and when I closed the driver's door, the pressure in the car made the window aSplode. b00sh.

So I'm borrowing my mom's car until my dad's mechanic friend can fix the gaping hole broken window. Said mechanic-friend said he thinks the window will cost $45. However, one of my co-workers said when he had an automatic window replaced, it cost him $350.

Yay, vehicle debt. If I murder my car in an act of rage, would that still be considered Vehicular Manslaughter? (Or per'aps more aptly, Man-icular Vehicle-slaughter)

{ }

After a year-and-a-half's time spent mulling it over (that's how long I've had him), I've finally thought of a name for my car.

MALL0RY.

It means "bad luck" in The French.

1 comment:

The Lone Beader® said...

Wow. I've never thought of naming my Buick......

And, BTW, thank you for the link:) Happy Holidays!