Friday, November 3, 2006

how do you see the Divine?

I found this description of the Great Goddess while worming my way through pagan blogs, and it sends goosebumps through my body every time I read it. When I read it, I see her, just as plainly as if she were sitting in the lobby I'm the receptionist for.

I see a big woman, with strength of arm and leg, large breasts, a mass of riotous long, curly hair that has all colors in it, and has a life of its own, skin the color of burnished copper, a big smile, and twinkling eyes that are very deep green. She wears a flowing garment made of spidersilk, that shifts in color with the seasons. Her smile lights up the world. Plants grow where She walks. Birds attend Her. Stars sing of Her. She cradles me in her arms--and with her cloak of starlit skies, She will carry me safely at my death.

by Quotefiend on .:Street Prophets{dot}com:.

No comments: