Saturday, August 28, 2010

What's stopping me?

Forgive me, dear reader(s). I've had several serious life changes in the past two or three months, and I have yet to fall into a new routine. Blogging has been one of the things that has fallen to the wayside.

Life Changes:
1) I broke up with my wife.
2) I moved out.
  a) I moved in with one of my dearest friends
      i) and stayed on her couch for a month.
  b) I moved off of my friend's couch.
      i) and into my sister's house.
      ii) where I temporarily have a bed!!
3) I enrolled at the local community college.
  a) I am enrolled for a full 12 hour course load.
  b) I am pursuing a Nursing Degree.
      i) to follow my dream of becoming a midwife (!!)
4) I quit my full-time, well-paying job.
  a) See #3
5) After a one-day job search, I found one.
  a) At Starbucks.
  b) I start on Thursday, September 2nd.
  c) I am uber-excited (!!)

Yep. That about sums it up.

So. As to a routine ... Because I am currently living out of a few eco-conscious cloth sacks filled with a very limited selection of clothing, plus a few necessities - toiletries, books, and the like - I feel very transient. My diet, tenuously healthy though it was, has suffered for two reasons: that feeling of having no roots, and a bit of Depression. I'm still grieving The Breakup.

I have so appreciated my friends' and family's hospitality over the past few months. Being with my friend for a full month was just what the doctor ordered for my spirits, and spending time with my family after having been distant for so long has been so refreshing. But ... I crave a space to call my own. I've been searching, and may have a few promising leads on Efficiency and One Bedroom apartments near work and school. I'll be visiting them after class on Monday.

Perhaps ... perhaps, despite the sense of upheaval I can't seem to shake, I should pick up where I left off months ago. Perhaps it's time to use this blog for its appointed purpose.

I need to start making one - just one - vegetarian meal per week. It seems silly that that hasn't occurred to me until tonight. I suppose it goes back to my last post (it seems like I wrote that a lifetime ago!), in which I realized - what the hell am I waiting for? What's stopping me from meditating? A lack of candles??

What's stopping me from going veg*n? Not having an apartment?!

When you put it that way ... LOL.

It'll be good for me to start blogging again. You know things are bad when I stop journaling in my hard-bound blank book. And I have. Stopped, that is.

It'll give me something to look forward to, and prepare for, every single week.

Plus, I like showing off my pictures, even if they are a little gimpy sometimes. :)

So, tomorrow morning, I'll gather the few cookbooks I have not packed away, and go grocery shopping for mah dinner! I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: