Monday, May 3, 2010

Musings on a Move

We moved into our new (rental) house this weekend, and it is, in a word, idyllic. Except for the toilets backing up into the bathtubs. But that was taken care of quickly.

It has so much potential, like a blank canvas to an artíst. All of our furniture seems so at home in the various rooms. At last, we have a sitting room, a place to house our many and varied musical instruments!

And the kitchen! I could wax poetic about the kitchen. It is enormous, with spacious cupboards and ample counterspace upon which to work. Truly, an aspiring cook's dream come true.

The neighborhood is being turned around by new developments and new businesses. There's a non-chain coffee shoppe within walking distance of the house, and I found the coolest Farmer's Market just a stone's throw away as well. I bought 5 ears of corn there for $1 TOTAL. How cool is that?

I feel that a new chapter of our lives is unfolding, and that good things will come our way. Wish us luck on this new adventure!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Notebook of Littleriver said...

I heard in Seattle there are lots of family nonchain places, wow, if that would become a reality, was better in the 80's here, nice place, enjoy your entries but like you never hardly come here, guess will remain like that!

Kat =^^= said...

I'm going to attempt to post a little more often, now that I feel that I'm in a better place emotionally. :)

Hope you're doing well!